Resource Recovery Centres

The Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority has two Resource Recovery Centres (RRC) where residents of the Salisbury, Playford and Gawler Councils can donate, recycle and dispose of a range of items. Trucks up to 3 tonne tare are welcome to access both facilities (contact Edinburgh North RRC for exceptions with heavier vehicles).

Resource Recovery Price List Note: charges may apply, payments via EFTPOS or payWave only.

When visiting one of the Resource Recovery Centres, you can:

1 – Donate good quality items for reuse (Edinburgh North only)
Good quality household, building and garden items may be donated to Mobo Group’s not-for-profit Salvage and Save recycled goods shop. This social enterprise enables items to be diverted from landfill and used by others, whilst providing employment to local people with disabilities.

Mobo Group Salvage & Save
NAWMA - Resource Recovery Centres

2 – Recycle a variety of items
Many items that cannot be reused such as electronic waste, car batteries and waste oil (including cooking oil) can be recycled for reuse in other products by placing them in one of the designated collection bays.

3 – Dispose of general waste
General waste can be disposed of which will be processed into a fuel source by Resource Co for use at Adelaide Brighton Cement.

4 – Deposit large amounts of green waste for composting
Large volumes of garden clippings can be deposited for composting (fees apply).

NAWMA - Resource Recovery Centres

5 – ‘Detox’ your home (Edinburgh North only)
Responsibly dispose of hazardous substances such as poisons, acids, brake fluids and coolants. There is no charge to use the facility, which is open to the public seven days/week. Note: the facility is designed to accept household quantities only. Click here for more details.

Please note: Due to the potential for WHS issues, closed shoes must be worn at all times while in the Resource Recovery Centres.

Items not accepted at NAWMA’s Resource Recovery Centres
NAWMA’s Resource Recovery Centres will not accept liquid waste (except waste oil and unused paint). Medical waste, empty chemical drums, asbestos, radioactive materials, flares, explosives and ammunition will also not be accepted. Contact the EPA on 8204 2004 or refer to the EPA website for information on how to correctly dispose of these items.

For more information contact the NAWMA Customer Experience Team on 8259 2100.