The following list details what items are suitable and not suitable for a hard waste service.
Hard Waste Collection List
Items suitable for a hard waste service include:
- Furniture including carpets (must be rolled up) and mattresses (maximum of 2 per service).
- Refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dishwashers & small kitchen appliances.
- Domestic household Items: e.g. toys, bikes, empty clean paint tins (with lids removed), car rims (not tyres) and other scrap metal.
- Electronic items (anything with a cord).
- Timber no longer than 2m, free of nails and bundled.
- Cardboard flattened & tied in bundles of 10 or less.
Items NOT suitable for a hard waste service include:
- General household waste or clothing.
- Green waste.
- Hazardous waste (e.g. asbestos, chemicals, batteries).
- Car bodies/car parts.
- Broken glass, mirrors, windows or panels of sheet glass.
- Ammunition, explosives or gas bottles.
- Paint tins containing wet paint.
- Construction/building materials, concrete, rocks or dirt.
- Porcelain, ceramic or terracotta
- Car tyres and gas cylinders.
For more information please download our information brochure.