The Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority (NAWMA) is a regional subsidiary formed under the Local Government Act (SA) 1999 to provide best practice waste management and resource recovery services. NAWMA receives and processes material for a range of clients including businesses, industry and regional SA councils with its predominant services being for its three (3) Constituent Councils:
The local waste, recycling and resource recovery operations that NAWMA undertakes have significant environmental, economic, and social benefits for current and future generations. NAWMA represents not only excellence in environmental leadership, but testament to Councils working collaboratively as a Regional Waste Management Subsidiary to deliver economies of scale and efficiencies in service and infrastructure delivery.
NAWMA facilities and services include:
- Coordination of three-bin kerbside collection services (general waste, household recycling and green organics) for more than 100, 000 residential properties in its three Constituent Council areas
- On-demand hard waste collection service
- Operation of two Resource Recovery Centres (Edinburgh North and Pooraka)
- Receival and processing of municipal waste at its Edinburgh North Waste Processing Facility
- Operation of the Uleybury landfill (balefill)
- Operation of its 20 tonne/hr Materials Recovery Facility
- Facilitation of hazardous waste drop-off days
- Facilitation of community engagement and education programs
Increasingly NAWMA’s focus is on developing strategies and processes to transition to circular economy operations. Activities demonstrating this include the Uleybury landfill gas extraction project and Norske paper deal.
Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority (NAWMA)
71-75 Woomera Avenue, Edinburgh SA 5111
Phone: 8259 2100
ABN: 33 781 472 643