Free trailer hire is available for Salisbury, Playford and Gawler residents who have hard waste items to get rid of but cannot wait for a collection.
Residents requesting a hard waste drop-off can hire a 6 x 4 caged trailer for up to three hours, any day of the week.
Bookings must be made in advance and a fully refundable deposit is required when collecting the trailer from either of NAWMA’s Resource Recovery Centres.
Acceptable items that the trailer can be used to cart are outlined below.
Items suitable for hard waste drop-off include:
- Furniture including carpets (must be rolled up) and mattresses.
- Refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dishwashers & small kitchen appliances.
- Domestic household Items: e.g. toys, bikes, empty clean paint tins (with lids removed), car rims (not tyres) and other scrap metal.
- Electronic items (anything with a cord).
- Timber no longer than 2m, free of nails and bundled.
- Cardboard flattened & tied in bundles of 10 or less.
Items NOT suitable for hard waste drop-off include:
- General household waste or clothing.
- Green waste.
- Hazardous waste (e.g. asbestos, chemicals).
- Car bodies/car parts. Broken glass.
- Ammunition, explosives or gas bottles.
- Paint tins containing wet paint.
- Construction/building materials, rocks or dirt.
- Car tyres and gas cylinders.