Hard Waste Service
Items suitable for hard waste include:
- Furniture including carpets (must be rolled up) and mattresses.
- Refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dishwashers & small kitchen appliances.
- Domestic household Items: e.g. toys, bikes, empty clean paint tins (with lids removed), car rims (not tyres) and other scrap metal.
- Electronic items (anything with a cord).
- Timber no longer than 2m, free of nails and bundled.
- Cardboard flattened & tied in bundles of 10 or less.
Items NOT suitable for hard waste include:
- General household waste or clothing.
- Green waste.
- Hazardous waste (e.g. asbestos, chemicals).
- Car bodies/car parts.
- Broken glass.
- Ammunition, explosives or gas bottles.
- Paint tins containing wet paint.
- Construction/building materials, rocks or dirt.
- Car tyres and gas cylinders.
Note: concrete, clay bricks and other masonry are only permitted in hard waste if you are using a drop-off code and taking material to a Resource Recovery Centre.
For a hard waste drop-off service only, please note:
• The permissible amount is around a 6×4 single-axle (caged) trailer load.
• Photographic ID must be presented at the Gatehouses when using a drop-off code.
• 6 week expiry date from the date of issue on all drop-off codes.
For a hard waste collection only, please note:
• The permissible amount is up to 2m3 of material.
• All items should be placed for collection before 7am on the pickup day.
• Collection is between 7am and sunset.
• Items must be neatly stacked inside of your property boundary, not on the verge.
• Small items can be placed together in cardboard boxes.
• Items must be able to be picked up by two people.
Reuse before Recycling
If your items are of reusable condition, please consider calling Mobo Group on 8287 0565 to donate to the Elizabeth Salvage & Save store.
Depending on the items they may be able to visit your home before collection date.
For more information contact the NAWMA Customer Service Team on 8259 2100.